In the fall of 2002, Tomoo joined Stanford University as an athletic trainer/graduate assistant coordinator. With more than a decade of clinical experience on “The Farm”, Tomoo remains one of the longest tenured athletic trainers on staff . He currently provides direct medical care to the Men’s Basketball and Men’s and Women’s Golf programs. Tomoo ensures the all aspects of health care are provided at the highest level.
Tomoo was appointed Associate Director of Athletic Trainer where he continues to provide leadership, critical contributions, and clinical development of the athletic training staff. In addition, he assists with the overall direction of the Athletic Training and Sports Medicine program in Stanford University. Tomoo is also deeply involved in the development of international affiliations in Japan and Ireland.
Prior to his arrival at Stanford, Tomoo joined Santa Clara University as an Athletic Trainer where he provided direct medical oversight of the 2001 National Champion Women’s Soccer program.
Born in Tokyo, Japan, Tomoo was previously a professional skier and ski instructor. He is also skilled in the fighting form of Gracie Jui Jitsu and has trained on the Shamrock Fighting Team. Tomoo and his wife, Asako, reside in Cupertino with their daughter, Sophia-Marie, and son, Riu. Tomoo enjoys traveling, cooking and spending time with family and friends.
- San Jose State University MA in Sports Management 2002
- San Jose State University MA in Athletic Training 2000
- Bridgewater State University, BS in Athletic Training 1998
BOC CERTIFICATION DATE: June 1998
- NATA Member in Good Standing
CLINICAL SPECIALTIES/AREAS OF FOCUS/TRAINING:
- Worked side-by-side with Dr. Kenzo Kase, and Jenny McConnell.
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) (in progress)
- Prevention of Hip Injuries.
- World Federation of Athletic Training and Therapy (WFATT) in Dublin, Ireland (Student Seminar) 2014
- Japanese Orthopaedic Society of Knee, Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine (JOSKAS) in Hiroshima, Japan (Lecture) 2014
- World Conference of Tennis Medicine (STMS) in Tokyo, Japan (Lecture and Workshop) 2008