The 2015 season marks Steve Bartlinski’s ninth as head football athletic trainer. Prior to coming to Stanford for the 2007 season, Bartlinski served on the athletic training staff of the San Jose SaberCats of the Arena Football League for 12 seasons.
After working as an assistant trainer for the SaberCats during the 1995 and 1996 campaigns, Bartlinski was promoted to the head athletic trainer position and served in that capacity for the next 10 seasons. In addition to his duties with the SaberCats, Bartlinski also served as an athletic trainer and physical therapist for Daniels Therapy Services in Mountain View (2000-06) and with Baysport Physical Therapy in Los Gatos (1995-2000).
Bartlinski has also served on training staffs for numerous local and national events, including the San Jose Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon, USA MotoGP Red Bull Championships, East-West Shrine Game, Pacific Coast Figure Skating Championships, Monday Night Raw, Central Pacific Figure Skating Championships, Bruce Jenner Track and Field classic and the USA Track and Field National Junior Championships.
Bartlinski and his wife, Andrea, reside in San Jose with their two children, Owen and Spencer.
- Ithaca College BS in Athletic Training/Exercise Science 1994
BOC CERTIFICATION: January 1995
- Orthopedic Brace Technologist, National Board for Certification of Orthopedic Brace Technologists 2012
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practioner (CKTP) 2010
- APTA Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant 1996
- Certified Orthotics Specialist, Sole Supports
- NATA Member in Good Standing
- “How to Communicate Appropriately, Respond When Challenged, and Handle Conflict in Athletic Training” NATA Convention, Indianapolis, IN 2014
- “Concussion Awareness” USA Football Protection Tour. San Francisco 49ers Training Facility, Santa Clara, CA 2013 & 2014
- “Developing The Relationship Between Sports Medicine and Strength & Conditioning/Sports Performance” College Athletic Trainers Society (CATS) Spring Symposium. Las Vegas, NV 2013
- “Concussion In Football. Stanford University Sports Medicine Management, Treatment, and Prevention of Concussion” 8Th International Sports Sciences Symposium on “Active Life”: Concussion Satellite Meeting. Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan 2013
- “Field Athlete Functional Return To Play (RTP) For Involved Overuse Injury To Knee Solving The Overuse Dilemma: An Integrated Approach Presented By Stanford Sports Medicine”, Stanford, CA 2012
- “Hand, Wrist, Thumb, and Finger Taping In An Athletic Setting” American Society of Hand Therapist- California Chapter, Redwood City, CA 2012
- “Stanford Athletics and Sports Medicine: Kinesio Taping Champions” 2011 KTA International Symposium. 26th Annual Kinesio Taping Research Symposium, Orlando, FL 2011
- “Sports Medicine Pilates Instruction” Stanford University Sports Medicine, Stanford, CA 2008
- “Sports Medicine Pilates Instruction II” Stanford University Sports Medicine, Stanford, CA 2008
- Paulus, Stephen, Stephen Bartlinski, and David James Kennedy. “Spine Injuries: Cervical Spine Injuries.” The Sports Medicine Field Manual. Rosemont: AAOS, 2014. N. pag. Print.
- Jason L. Dragoo, Hillary J. Braun, Stephen E. Bartlinski and Alex H.S. Harris “Acromioclavicular joint injuries in NCAA football: Data from the 2004 through 2009 NCAA Injury Surveillance System”. Am J Sports Med 2012